I’m a Senior Technical Staff. My research interests lie in the fields of computer vision, deep learning and reinforcement learning.
I received the B.S. and M.Sc. degrees in Computer Science from Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Information Technology, University of Science, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, in 2008 and 2012, respectively. I was an Intern with Prof. Satoh at National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo, Japan in 2012. I received the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science with the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, under supervisions of Prof. T. D. Bui and Prof. Khoa Luu. From 2016 to 2018, I was a Research Associate at CyLab Biometrics Center, Carnegie Mellon University.
My current works focus on Face Recognition in surveillance environments, Face Aging in images and videos, Biometrics, and Digital Image Processing.
- Mar, 2020. Our paper Domain Generalization via Universal Non-volume Preserving Approach is accepted to CRV 2020.
- Feb, 2020. Our paper Vec2Face: Unveil Human Faces from their Blackbox Features in Face Recognition is accepted as an oral presentation in CVPR 2020.
- Nov, 2019. Accepted the invitation to be a reviewer of ECCV 2020.
- June, 2019. I’m selected as an Outstanding Reviewer of CVPR 2019.
- June, 2019. Our paper MobiFace: A Lightweight Deep Learning Face Recognition on Mobile Devices is accepted to BTAS 2019.
- May, 2019.Receive the Doctoral Prize in Engineering and Computer Science, Concordia University.
- Mar, 2019. Our paper Automatic Face Aging in Videos via Deep Reinforcement Learning is in the news FastCompany.com.
- Feb, 2019. Our paper Automatic Face Aging in Videos via Deep Reinforcement Learning is accepted to CVPR 2019.
- Feb, 2019. Accepted the invitation to be a reviewer of ICCV 2019.
- Jan, 2019. Our paper Learning from Longitudinal Face Demonstration - Where Tractable Deep Modeling Meets Inverse Reinforcement Learning is accepted to IJCV2019, Special Issue on Deep Learning for Face Analysis.
- Nov, 2018. Serve as a reviewer of CVPR 2019.
- Aug, 2018. Our paper Deep Appearance Models: A Deep Boltzmann Machine Approach for Face Modeling is accepted to IJCV18.
- Jul, 2017. Our face aging paper Temporal non-volume preserving approach to facial age-progression and age-invariant face recognition is accepted to ICCV17.
- Sep, 2016. Become a Research Associate at Cylab Biometrics Center, Carnegie Mellon University.